Wednesday 3 August 2011

The Short Walk Home

Walking, talking
Light shining
City sounds
Join the conversation
But has nothing much to say

A security worker sits on a bench
And seems to ponder life
Others lay, sit
On the grass
In the coolest heat of the night

I move closer to my abode
I step the first stair
Spotlights for my feet
I guess its what the city does

Now the skyline clearer
City still talking air
But far from still

Blue and light reflections
Upon each other
As a man puffs his cigarette

I open the door
There's trouble
Who knows who I could be?

I call the lift
She answers right away
And now I wait and speak again
29th floor, I move closer
The cool breeze
Of the air conditioning

I slowly make my way to the door
So I can finish this poem
If you can call it that

No comments:

Post a Comment