Saturday 19 November 2011

Morning Blues

The passage of time
Simply, complex though
Propels us from innocence
To decisions of paramount importance.
From the beauty of a child's stare
To wrestling with ourselves
Tears of overbearing strain
Care remains for the fortunate
With surrounding structures
Firm foundations
And warm arrangements;
Is it hurt that could blind us to blessings?
I never thought much of it til now
But this hurt you see
Its what it does, thinking,
Like drinking
To an alcoholic
My lilac wine
Bringing back what I can
This tainted tonic
Forcibly fed to me
By my own hand,
Sweet and heady for a part of it
But the rest,
Well, you know what wine can do
Thought upon thought
And then thoughts about that
A drifting one about insanity
Who would have thought about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment