Monday 12 September 2011

A Letter to Yen

Yen and I, January 2011
I sat in the heat
Looked to my left
And saw you atop
Of those stairs
Like heaven
And you walked down hurriedly
Dressed well,
As you do
Smiling,
Like you do
At first you didn't notice
Me alone
Then as you did
Paces became pacey
And you met me
Like a lost friend
That you are
And just as I wanted
To write it all down
I noticed your smile
Was on my face

We would have talked my friend
About why we were there
And as my eyes well up
Once more
I remember my harsh reality
If we could only live in dreams
Then we may share again
A word or two
A laugh or three
A day or four
Why stop there?
Even a life of more...

2 comments:

  1. beautiful...

    "If we could only live in dreams
    Then we may share again
    A word or two
    A laugh or three
    A day or four
    Why stop there?
    Even a life of more..."

    loveee

    ReplyDelete